Kosnic Lighting Ltd is pleased to provide the following warranty covering LED lamps and LED luminaries:
LED Lighting Product Warranty:
Kosnic Lighting Ltd warrants that all LED lighting products comply with their published specifications and are free from defects in materials and workmanship for the respective periods of time set forth below.
Kosnic LED lighting products with rated life of greater than 25,000 hours are warranted for 3 years. Other Kosnic lighting products are warranted for 1 year. An extended 5 year warranty can be offered if the ‘Application for an extended 5 year warranty form’ is approved. Should a Kosnic LED lamp or luminaire fail within the warranty period from the invoice date, Kosnic will provide replacement products free of charge. The acceptance of any claim under this warranty is subject to our warranty terms and conditions.
If the product is no longer available, Kosnic will provide the closest alternative product or the value of alternative product at its absolute discretion. If a close alternative product is not available, Kosnic will reimburse the warranty holder with the last price paid for the original product. The obligation to replace any product under the terms of this warranty shall only apply where it has been used for its intended or ordinary purpose and provided always that the following conditions have been met:
- Kosnic LED products must be installed correctly, in accordance with the product information detailed on our packaging, instruction sheets, product data sheets and best industry practice.
- Kosnic LED products under this warranty should not be operated over 5000 hours per year on average within the warranty period. If the Kosnic LED product is intended to be used for more than 5000 hours a year, a separate Warranty will be issued upon request.
Kosnic LED products are designed to operate within the following parameters:
- Ambient Temperature: -20°C to +40°C
- Relative Humidity: <80%
LED Lamps Fitted Into Open Luminaries:
Kosnic LED lamps are designed to be used in “open luminaries” and should have a minimum of 10mm air flow around the body of the lamp.
LED Lamps Fitted Into Enclosed Luminaries:
Kosnic LED lamps are not designed to be used in completely enclosed luminaries where air flow is prevented. The lamp life of Kosnic LED lamps in such fittings will be reduced and is unquantifiable and as such will fall outside of the terms of this warranty.
Kosnic Mains Voltage LED Products:
Kosnic mains voltage LED products are designed to operate at 230V (+/- 10%) 50-60Hz. Any fluctuation in excess of this will invalidate the terms of this warranty.
Kosnic 12V LED Products:
For all Kosnic 12V LED lamps, this warranty will only be valid if they are used with 12V DC constant voltage LED Driver. Unless stated otherwise, the use of halogen lamp transformer with kosnic 12V LED products invalidates this warranty
Kosnic LED Tubes:
The Kosnic LED tube range must be installed as directed in the installation guide. LED tubes may be used in enclosed luminaires, however they must operate in an ambient temperature between -20°C to +40°C and have a minimum of 10mm air gap around the tube.
Kosnic Lighting Ltd cannot be held responsible for incompatibility of any lamp or luminaire with other manufacturers’ transformers, drivers, dimmers or control gear. A guide to compatibility is published on the Kosnic web site and is available on demand. Technical advice is always available upon request.
Warranty Terms and Conditions:
- Scope of Warranty
- The warranty shall only apply to Kosnic branded lighting products sold in the UK (the ‘Product’) and shall apply for the benefit of a purchaser or end user (the ‘User’).
- In these terms Kosnic refers to Kosnic Lighting Limited.
- Kosnic warrants that the Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship.
- The warranty set out herein shall be valid for the specified warranty period from the invoice date of purchasing the product.
- If the Product fails, Kosnic will provide free replacement of the failed Product subject to the terms and conditions set out herein.
- Terms and Conditions
- If the Product as covered by this warranty is returned by a User in accordance with clause 3 below and within the applicable warranty period referred to at clause 1.4 herein and upon examination Kosnic determines to its satisfaction that such Product failed to satisfy this warranty, Kosnic will, at its sole option, repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof, or reimburse the User for the purchase price.
- The repair, replacement or otherwise of the Product shall not include any removal or reinstallation activities, costs or expenses, including without limitation, labour costs or expenses.
- If Kosnic elects to replace the Product and is not able to do so because it has been discontinued or is not available, Kosnic may, at its sole option, replace the product with a comparable product or offer a reimbursement of the purchase price.
- If required by Kosnic, the non-conforming or defective Product or part thereof shall become its property as soon as they have been replaced.
- This warranty shall not apply where the Product has not been properly wired and installed and operated within the electrical values, operating range and environmental conditions provided in the specifications, application guidelines, IEC standards or any other document accompanying the Products. If a Product is found to be defective or not performing in accordance with the product specifications, the User must notify Kosnic in writing.
- This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any act of god or from any abuse, misuse, abnormal use or use in violation of any applicable standard, code or instructions for use including without limitation those contained in the latest safety, industry and/or electrical standards for the relevant region(s).
- This warranty shall be void in the event any repairs or alterations, not duly authorised by Kosnic in writing, are made to the Product by any person. The manufacturing date of the product has to be clearly readable.
- The decision of Kosnic as to the validity of any claim under this warranty shall be final.
- Warranty Claims
- The period set out at clause 1.4 herein shall be subject to a representative of Kosnic having access to the failed product or system for verification of non-compliance if required at Kosnic’s sole option.
- Any claim under this warranty must be reported to Kosnic within 30 days of discovery and any Product or part thereof returned promptly to Kosnic at its request.
- Any claim under this warranty must be made in writing and specify details of the failed Product, purchase date, installation date, description of problem, number and percentage of failures, date-code of failures, application, hours burned and switching cycles.
- If a warranty claim is accepted by Kosnic, it will pay for reasonable packaging and postage costs.
- In the event that a claim is subsequently rejected, Kosnic may charge the User for the costs of investigation and reasonable packaging and postage costs.
- No implied or other warranties
- This warranty and the rights and remedies contained within it shall be the only warranties given by Kosnic in relation to the Product and are given in lieu of all other warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation warranties of quality or fitness for a particular purpose, which warranties are hereby disclaimed.
- This warranty sets out the entire liability and obligation of Kosnic to the User and the User acknowledges that it or their sole and exclusive remedy in connection with defective or nonconforming Products supplied by Kosnic, whether or not such damages are based on any warranty not explicitly mentioned herein, tort, contract or any other legal basis, even if Kosnic has been advised or is aware of such defects.
- No agent, distributor or dealer is authorised to change, modify or extend the terms of this warranty on behalf of Kosnic.
- Limitations and conditions
- This warranty excludes, among other items, installation, providing access to products (scaffolding, lifts, etc.), and special, incidental and consequential damages (such as loss of revenue/profits, damage to property or other miscellaneous costs not previously mentioned), and is further defined by the limitations and conditions set forth in the warranty policy as published from time to time.
- Kosnic accepts no liability for electrical supply conditions, including supply spikes, over-voltage/under-voltage and Ripple Current control systems that are beyond the specified limits of the products and those defined by relevant supply standards (e.g. EN 50160 norms).
For an extended warranty of up to five years on Kosnic products, please fill in the form below and fax it to 0845 8386852 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us on 01635 523 713 or e-mail email@example.com if you have any queries relating to this form.