LED DD Retrofitting Instructions
Please read these instructions thoroughly before use.
All conversions should be carried out by a Qualified Electrician
The existing fitting must be switched off and isolated at the mains before commencing electrical work.
It is the responsibility of the converter to ensure the fitting continues to meet safety requirements.
For maximum energy savings, bypass all control gear and wire from the mains to the
lampholder as for an electronic high frequency ballast conversion.
Magnetic Ballast (Choke):
- Remove the starter and any power factor capacitor. The capacitor may be left in place but the energy
savings will be less.
- Plug the LED DD lamp directly into the lampholder.
Electronic Ballast (High Frequency) Conversion:
- The electronic ballast is not required so it must be removed or bypassed.
- Wire the Live and Neutral directly from the supply to the lampholder terminals as per below.
- The Live and Neutral must be wired to opposite terminals on the lampholder and not be wired to
terminals on the same side.
- A 1A fuse may be added between the Live supply and the lampholder to prevent the circuit from
cutting-out in the event of a fault in a single luminaire.
Add an indelible warning label, visible when changing the lamp, showing the substance of:
Warning – not for use with fluorescent lamp, use only Kosnic LED DD lamp.